Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Trinity Memories

At the time it didn’t always feel like a fun place to be. But looking back it was one of - if not the best - places to work. Not for the work, but because of the people. It was the second place for me since graduating from nursing school. I had just moved to the Midwest and found a job at the local hospital. I started on the PM shift on a medical unit and quickly transferred to the surgical unit. After that it was the ICU, then the cath lab, and finally became the head nurse on a medical unit with additional responsibilities for the telemetry unit. At each step on the journey I met so many wonderful people. I left TMH in 1988 to work at a tertiary care facility as a Director of Nursing for critical care, then OB, neonatal, peds and labor and delivery were added. Then on to the corporate office and system wide operations and efficiency work. Facebook recently had an invitation to their page for the old TMH informing everyone of a reunion in September. If not for the pandemic we probably would go. So I dug out some old photos and posted them. The response was overwhelming. So many happy memories of so many people both my husband and I worked with. There was something very special about that time. It was very unique. Nothing since then comes close to that experience. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment