Saturday, August 13, 2022

Wish We Won the Jackpot

Every once in a while I get melancholic about living in the Midwest. We lived there for thirty years and made many friends and had many more colleagues. I always keep up with available real estate there. Before we actually moved from the Midwest to Capitol Hill we bought the tiny condo there. Little did we know it would become our permanent home soon after I found a job at the Library of Congress. Now there is a place for sale near our old neighborhood that is in an area that we were interested in way back in 2006 when it was first built. My husband says we could afford to get it, but I don’t think so - especially in this unstable environment. We live in northern Virginia now but for whatever reason it just doesn’t feel like home. We just haven’t transformed it in to our place. I suppose the last two years have changed the way I feel about it. We haven’t gone anywhere or seen anyone except for two weekend visits to central Virginia. I’m sure I’ll get over it but there’s always the nagging feeling that we just aren’t settled. For the first time a couple of weeks ago we bought lottery tickets knowing full well we wouldn’t win a billion dollars. These are the days I wish we did. 




No comments:

Post a Comment