Monday, September 17, 2018

DC Superior Court Courtroom

I got a jury duty summons right before Labor Day. Because I served exactly two years before the date I received it, I applied for dispensation and actually got it! We have lived in DC for twelve years and I have been called to jury duty at least five times - every two years without fail. I was thrilled to get out of it. Due to an interesting situation, we were invited to attend a civil lawsuit trial by a family member, who might be testifying. So for our morning walk we headed to the courthouse. I feel like I am on the jury again because we have been sitting here in the courtroom since 9 AM, and the jurors are now being selected. It’s a rare thing that I would get up at 7:30 AM for anything since I retired. It is freezing in here, and no one seems to think using a microphone is a good idea. I am hard pressed to hear most of what is being discussed. They will probably call for a lunch break next, and then perhaps the testimony may begin - or maybe not. It is all very interesting, but the show for us hasn’t even started yet. And the day is half over. 






No comments:

Post a Comment