Sunday, November 18, 2018

Care Package from Milwaukee

We lived in the Midwest for thirty years. We moved to DC twelve years ago when I got a job at the Library of Congress. Since then I have kept in touch with several folks I worked with, but also developed closer friendships with others. Whenever we visit Milwaukee there are certain people we always contact and visit. Some of them have come to visit us here in DC, and that happened a few weeks back when a colleague/friend stayed with us a couple of days while on business for Marquette. We worked together in a very large health care system, and I happened to get my master in nursing degree from Marquette. So yesterday when I went to pick up the mail there was an unexpected package waiting for us on the shelf. I knew who it was from right away and both my husband and I were curious to uncover the contents - because Paul has a very unique personality and we knew it would be thoughtfully put together. And wouldn’t you know we were not surprised by what we found - the interesting chocolates, Werther’s Original caramel hard candies, beer nuts, a beer salami, and a Marquette T-shirt. Along with it came a very heartwarming and funny letter that had both my husband and I laughing - and thinking about how nice it is to know someone like Paul. He’s the kind of guy who is uplifting and very nice to know. My husband is now composing a note to rival the one we received. Some of the finest people we know live in Milwaukee. We think about them often and always appreciate their friendship. 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment