Monday, July 1, 2019

Comcast Xfinity Refund Took Three Months and FOUR Requests

It doesn’t always pay to pay your bills on time every month, but we wouldn’t do it any other way. For thirteen years we had cable and internet service through Comcast Xfinity and never missed or had a late payment. When we moved from Capitol Hill to Virginia almost three months ago, we stopped at the Comcast store in Arlington to return our equipment right after we closed on our new condo. We were told we would receive our refund within a couple of weeks. Luckily I kept the receipt and the hard copy bill with the account number on it because I would be needing it not once, not twice, but three more times. Twice I called and one time I did a chat. I used the “ticket number” and it was referred to as many times. I was told to wait until May 26 because they were tracking the check. My inquiry was sent up the chain to three different supervisors. Nothing I said or did made any difference. The new home address was given on the first day, so that was not a good excuse. All of our mail had been forwarded from the old address anyway. So finally, after almost three months of waiting, the refund check arrived on Saturday. I’m sure everyone has experienced the same thing. And there’s not much you can do about it. Now we have Verizon because Comcast isn’t available in our part of Virginia. Maybe one of these days we won’t need any of them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment