Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Old Town Alexandria “Other” Photos

Every week I upload a photo on the 52Frames website for a photo challenge. One of the recent subjects was for “doors.” That subject matter always takes us to Old Town Alexandria. The variety, shapes, and sizes of the 1700’s doors are spectacular. Rather than choosing an obvious Old Town door, I ended up submitting a door that had a “beware of the cat” sign on it. The door lead to a very long skinny alleyway that would spook even the bravest of souls. But there were many photos that I took on that very hot and humid day that I didn’t even come close to choosing. Some of them are other door pictures that just didn’t look very good, or were interesting sights of foliage or other such things. These images didn’t even go through the photo editing phase. Oftentimes I think that maybe I didn’t pick the best shot, even after getting feedback on Instagram and my business Facebook page. In the end it’s a hobby that takes us out of the house and gives us an excuse to go somewhere. Over the last year it’s just what we needed. 






































No comments:

Post a Comment