Tuesday, August 30, 2022

A View From the Balcony

I can tell that it is getting to be the end of summer. The sun is beginning to make its way back over from the far most western spot in the evening sky. I know because it hits me directly in the eyes from where I sit on the couch right before supper time. It direct sunlight also strikes the large mirror on the dining room wall and cascades rainbows all over the room. In the spring the same thing happens - but there is the anticipation of summer. Now it becomes the anticipation of fall. But fall is followed by winter - and that’s not my favorite season by any stretch of the imagination. So during these last few weeks it’s worth any time to spend on the balcony to see the beautiful golden skies and the serene atmosphere. Sometimes we will spend a bit of time playing iPad games before we settle in to watch tv for the evening. I always preferred the western view and it was a prerequisite prior to moving away from Capitol Hill. It’s much too hot to sit outside during the day time, but it’s beautiful in the early evening. I’m just glad we have a tiny place to enjoy the view. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment