Sunday, December 18, 2022

Persian Saffron Pistachio

I really like pistachios. I stopped eating the ones we bought at the grocery store, but they tended to be on the smaller side, were very hard, and you needed a sledgehammer to open some of them. I also have teeth that tend to break, have had a lot of fillings and crowns, and also had TMJ surgery that limits the kinds of things I can eat comfortably. Whenever we go to visit our family in central Virginia, we always bring treats that include cookies and baklavas and Persian pistachios that we buy at Yas Bakery in Vienna. I tried a few of the saffron pistachios there and they not only tasted really good, but were also “softer” and easy to peel. Because I was in the mood for trying pistachios again, we got another small Wonderful bag brand at the grocery store but the end result was the same. So today after our morning walk we decided to stop in at Yas and pick up a few things - cucumbers, my husband’s favorite Persian cookies, and more of the saffron pistachios. It’s hard to believe how expensive these things are! I still haven’t tried one to see if they meet our expectations but I am looking forward to cracking a few open later this evening. I hope they are as good as I think they will be but worry that they may become habit forming. We have a tendency to get hooked on something for a while until we decide it’s enough. But since pistachios are supposedly good for you let’s hope they are as tasty - and easy to eat - as we remember. 






No comments:

Post a Comment