Sunday, November 13, 2022

LITDigitalart Custom Pet Portrait Referral

When the iPad came around back in 2010 I was ecstatic! I didn’t know it would have quite the impact that it has. I accidentally stumbled across an art app and since then have been painting pet portraits. I always loved drawing and painting - primarily watercolors and pastels. I taught myself how to paint digitally and opened an Etsy shop. I’ve made 334 sales and am so enthusiastic whenever I get an order. But before the shop I practiced painting animals using friends and colleagues pets. I worked at the Library of Congress at the time and unexpectedly met someone who worked in the Congressional Research Services section while walking in the halls on an afternoon walk. I actually met quite a few interesting people by walking in the hallways. I asked him for a photo of his Labrador and painted her portrait. He told me his family had it printed and it hung in a prominent room in their home. After that he asked if I could paint his neighbor’s dog that had just passed away. And after that, they requested another on behalf of another family member. I retired from the library six years ago. Last week I received an email from the aunt of this individual requesting two pet portraits. She said she had always liked the portrait I had done for her nephew that she saw in his house. It was really nice to get this request - especially from someone connected to someone in my past. To have your artwork noticed is always a thrill. I finished up one portrait this week and am currently working on the other. When asked if it would be okay to offer my services to others I immediately said “yes!” I really appreciate word of mouth connections. I never would have guessed I would be doing this before the iPad came around. Now I have Zazzle, Redbubble, Fine Art America/Pixels, and Amazon Merch shops too. Thanks to everyone who not only requested pet portraits, but for sharing your experience with others. 












No comments:

Post a Comment