Sunday, January 29, 2023

New York Review of Books Zinio Discount

My husband doesn’t ask for much - except for subscriptions to the New Yorker and the New York Review of Books. He looks forward to getting his magazines digitally downloaded on his iPad. Every once in a while there is a glitch. For whatever reason the latest edition didn’t go according to plan. That usually means an email to contact the Zinio service and find out what can be done. I thought both of the subscriptions were automatically billed annually. In fact I remember seeing that the New York review of books was due last week. Then my husband said he didn’t get the latest issue. That resulted in an email, but at the same time I got on line and checked his account. Apparently his subscription wasn’t paid - which is why he didn’t get the latest issue. So I paid for it and immediately the issue downloaded. In the meantime the support staff responded by saying that the subscription was renewed and the latest edition was available. I didn’t answer because I had figured out what the issue was. They sent a second email asking if the issue was resolved. I did answer that it was, but also commented that we just renewed, but missed out on the ten per cent discount that I thought I saw and wondered if it could be applied after the fact. He said if I could show proof of the discount he would see what he could do. So I looked at previous emails from Zinio and found one for ten percent. I sent a screenshot of that, and another coupon for “up to fifty percent on certain items” and was pleasantly surprised when Pablo said he would honor the ten percent coupon. My husband didn’t think it was worth the effort, but I like to follow up on things like this. Even though it didn’t amount to much, it’s the idea of it all. 










No comments:

Post a Comment