Monday, March 13, 2023

52Frames Complementary Colors Photo Challenge

The 52Frames photo challenge this week was “complementary colors.” I’m not so much a fan of this topic. Red/green, purple/yellow, blue/orange… So we drove in to town thinking we might come across something. And of course the carousel on the mall is always an option, but I have yet to use it as an entry because my husband hates merry-go-rounds - even if the photo is actually quite decent. Then we walked over to the US Botanic garden and I found a couple of options there - a red pepper against the green leaves, an orchid, and a leaf with red veins. Then we stopped to see the beautiful saucer magnolias that were blooming in the Enid Haupt garden at the Smithsonian Castle. The pink/green options were plentiful, but didn’t really meet the primary color “definition.” When we came home I thought of our red and green New Year hats that we put on to bring in the next year. Along with the orchid, I edited the items against a different background and spent a lot of time doing that. Lately I have been using my digital art app to edit photos. It’s like finding a new toy and trying to see what I can do with it. I really liked the magnolia photo a lot, but in order to meet the literal definition the hats were submitted. It seems every week I have been submitting images that I have second thoughts about. Maybe I shouldn’t be thinking too hard about these things. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment