Thursday, March 30, 2023

Need Antivirus Software on IPhone?

It used to be in the old days that antivirus software was required on laptops and such. It was necessary not only on work computers - which wasn’t my problem - but also at home, and that was my problem. Over the years I had a variety of laptops and Norton was the software of choice. I always kept one non apple laptop at home because I still needed it to do functions that an iPad couldn’t. Sometimes a completed digitalart art work needed to be sent via laptop to a customer. I also have to upload images to Amazon Merch via laptop because they are not friendly to mobile apple products. But when my last laptop died I didn’t replace it. My iPad Pro does most everything now, but I still can’t upload images to my Amazon Merch shop. But lately there have been more and more questions about antivirus software - even if you have an apple product. So I started a chat discussion with apple just to get a read on the state of things. The general answer was you don’t need an antiviral software on apple products, but if it makes you feel better it wouldn’t do any harm. And they certainly don’t have their own product and definitely wouldn’t recommend any one in particular. I asked if they or any of their colleagues had it on their devices and they said no. I suppose if you continue to update to the latest operating system and keep everything else up to date things should be okay. One of my friends was going to ask apple what they thought. I suppose we can compare notes. I still have a question in my mind but don’t feel like dealing with it right now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment