Tuesday, May 9, 2023

King Charles III Coronation

I always loved history. And to this day I still do. In fact I was going to major in it, but decided nursing would probably land me a job a lot easier - even though I had never considered it beforehand. The economy at the time dictated it and I was simply too practical. It served me well in the end, but I still love history. Living on Capitol Hill for thirteen years allowed us to become a part of living history and we participated in a lot of interesting events and inaugurations. So anytime a major event occurs we usually end up watching it on TV or others means. And that is what happened on Saturday. We had “taped” the coronation of King Charles III because we had a couple of things we needed to do during the day. So we saved it all up for our Saturday evening TV viewing and tried to avoid the news so that everything would still be fresh. My husband has a medical school colleague who lives in England and we have visited him and his family three times. My husband would like to live in England if he could. So we have had some great opportunities to visit the country including the Downton Abbey castle, Blenheim Palace and so much more. And as usual I take photos of the TV and things and faces I want to save - as if I was actually there. It’s a good thing we did tape it because it was really long and fast forwarding was much appreciated. In the end it almost felt like overkill but we were glad we stuck it out all the way to the end. These sorts of things don’t happen very often. It’s nice to be a witness to it all. 







































No comments:

Post a Comment