Monday, May 6, 2024

52Frames Something I Made Photo Challenge

I knew as soon as I saw the subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week what it would be - my custom pet  portrait digital art of some sort. I started taking photos of my tshirts and then took a few with me in them using a timer to capture the image. Then the editing began. I really didn’t know how I would use the photos but started to play around. Three tshirts were grouped together and then the idea struck me to use the art as the head as well. It would be fun to have a dog with a dog image on his shirt. But it was looking much too busy. So I isolated one and used the art from the shirt as the head - but then thought it might look better using an actual photo of the portrait. First it was the black and white Shetland sheepdog. Then our beautiful Borzoi just didn’t look right. But then the goofy looking hound just looked just right. So I played around with that for a while and spent even more time figuring a complimentary background. The solid colors looked too overwhelming. Then I finally found a paint brush backdrop that looked like wrinkles and dog hair to match the shirt. Then the yellow of the shirt was lightened up and it seemed to look better. My husband liked that one the most. It was a fun project this week. So I could say something I made was not only the pet portrait, but also the composite photo for the submission this week. 













No comments:

Post a Comment