Friday, August 21, 2020

COSVII Small Home Dehumidifier

No one likes humidity. Perhaps tropical plants do. But the damage high humidity can cause to a house is well known. When we lived on Capitol Hill in our tiny condo, we were no strangers to it. In the Midwest we had a large dehumidifier constantly running in the basement. Now, in our new condo, with a unit specific HVAC system, I can feel it. In order to verify my assumptions, I got a hygrometer. And it proved what I already knew. Suspecting the bathroom to be the main culprit, I got a very small ProBreeze dehumidifier and it’s been doing the job. But the hygrometer readings didn’t change. So I got another room size COSVII dehumidifier and set it up on Tuesday in the kitchen/dining room area. As the water started to accumulate in the 2 liter container, the hygrometer readings started to fall. My understanding is that 55% is the max for best environment and we are getting closer to that. The hygrometer measures the last 24 hour range. It started at 51-66%, then went to 50-63%, then 47-60%, and currently is 45-59%. I can sense a bit of a difference (my hands are dry), the water is accumulating, and I can see that my experiment is working. Pretty soon the humidifier will be coming out to add some moisture, although one would think the Aprilaire should kick in. I only wish I had started the process earlier in the spring/summer. But I suppose it’s never too late. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment