Saturday, January 9, 2021

52Frames Leading Lines

Since I joined 52Frames a couple of months ago, we try to go in to town every week to see what options there are to meet the challenge. It’s all about photography. All I have is my iPhone while most people on the website actually have cameras. I used to have a Sony digital camera but gave it up a long time ago. I love taking photos for this blog, but I’m not a photographer. This week’s challenge is “leading lines” - and I remembered there was an outstanding front entry way to the Library of Congress where I worked for ten years. But before we went there, we checked out the Capitol south metro escalator, and afterwards strolled around the Capitol and Supreme Court - two days before the disaster occurred this week. Everything was so quiet and peaceful for our morning walk. In the end I was happy with the outcome, and there were three photos that I really liked, but chose the front of the library over the escalator and the steps from the Capitol visitor center. Next week’s challenge is taking a photo from a child’s point of view - low to the ground. Sometimes I find an appropriate option here in the neighborhood park, but I have an idea near the Tidal Basin. I’m just hoping we will not have difficulty driving in to DC to get to it. I do have to say the challenges have made me think more about particular subjects so I’m learning as I go. And getting feedback on the website is also fun. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment