Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Time to Update Amazon Merch Digitalart

The Black German Shepherd is the most popular item in my Amazon Merch shop. Someone out there really likes it because every month a couple of TShirts  are sold in all different women, men and children sizes and colors. It’s like someone takes orders at a dog show or something. I can’t tell who it is because Amazon does not provide that level of detail. My Amazon shop is called LITS Pooches, Kitties, and other Sweet Faces. My limit was 100 items. But now that I have sold a few, my limit has been raised to 500. Unfortunately, if you don’t sell an item, it is removed after six months. And I haven’t been keeping close track of my status and just realized a lot of the items will be expiring. So that, along with the increased limit, means I need to spend a lot of time to repopulate my shop. I don’t mind it, but everything has to be done using my laptop instead of my iPad. I hate using the laptop. Plus, all the images have to be sized perfectly to meets the required file sizes. That means I need to resize all the images specific to each product, and convert them to PNG files from JPEG. It’s a rather tedious process. Additionally, Amazon has also updated the products to include phone cases and pillows. That means even more detailed sizes per product. And, there are now five or so countries that each require their own specific products. Most websites have one item uploaded for everything. So, it’s a big project in front of me and will keep me busy for quite some time. Last month I sold a Vizsla and an Eskie so they will get to stay on the website. As for all the others? I need to upload the files again and hope for a sale so they will stay on forever, and add the new portraits I painted for Christmas. And this is just one website I have... it’s no wonder I save it for last. 












No comments:

Post a Comment