Tuesday, April 23, 2024

52Frames Anthropomorphism Weekly Photo Challenge

The question was whether to submit a photo of an interesting tree or a composite that highlighted a kitchen light fixture or garbage cans in the park. The subject this week was “anthropomorphism” for the 52Frames weekly photo challenge. As soon as I knew what the subject was I remembered a tree in our old neighborhood on Capitol Hill. So we went in to town to get a photo of it. It still looked intriguing- was it a man? Front or back? An elf face? Beard? Was he wearing a shirt? Or was it a donkey face? There were so many options. I edited out the trash can and the hanging wires and the air conditioner to clean it up. It was my husband’s favorite photo. But I also liked the kitchen light fixture that was transformed in to a debutante ball. And in the park there were two trash cans that were duplicated for the “trash talk” vibe. An apple core was painted in for a whimsical touch. I really love doing composite images because it’s just so much more fun that just taking one photo and editing it. So I submitted my husband’s preference - but it just doesn’t have the spark and fun about it. I even tried isolating the same tree in to  a park photo that was taken earlier in the week, but it just didn’t do much for me. So I’ll find out if it’s a hit or not this week. Were they more interested in made up subjects or real subjects that actually look human. One will never know. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment