Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Morning and Early Hour Start Times

Going to work is difficult enough on Monday morning, but even more difficult after being off a week. We were in Florida visiting my mom, and it feels like I've been away a year. This year marks my fortieth year of full time work - thirty-one in health care - and nine as a civil servant. I used to have to get up for the 7 AM first shift while managing nursing units, then it moved to 8 in admin jobs. In the federal government there is flex scheduling that allows for a window of about 6:30-9:30 to begin a shift. I first started coming in for 9:00, but changed that to 8:00 when I worked nine hour shifts. Now that I work part time, I started coming in at 6:30 - because I love leaving at 3 PM! Even though I really dislike getting up so early - it's really not my nature- I like having a longer afternoon and can handle it for three days instead of five. Now the Library is starting to allow telework. I used to telework in Milwaukee one day every two weeks. But since it's easier to just walk a block or two, I'd rather just go to work. The place is so empty on a Monday and early morning. But I don't mind one bit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment