Friday, April 7, 2023

Bing Image Creator

All of a sudden it feels like everything in the world is speeding away from us. I always thought I would keep on top of the latest things, but lately I’m feeling left behind. The advent of artificial intelligence is daunting and I want to know all about it. So we tried the ChatGPT app and have had little luck even accessing it because the “servers are too busy.” Once or twice we broke in to it and had a story created about a borzoi, and another impression of what people are like from Rasht, Iran. I did get an invitation to Bard, but haven’t followed up on it yet. But I was also interested in the image creator. Yesterday I realized I could access Microsoft image maker so I started to play around with it. I can definitively see how this process will eliminate all sorts of jobs - especially in Art and advertsinig. So I tested the image maker with a couple of requests: borzoi running in the woods; borzoi driving an MR2 while looking at cherry blossoms; spring flowers in a garden; the most handsome Asian men. They all turned out okay. But when I asked for Richard Harris, Richard Chamberlain and Terrence Stamp sitting at a table, it failed miserably. The we thought we would cheer up a friend. So we asked for a fisherman catching a large trout in a boat on a river with two Burmese cats. It was pretty good too. But then I wanted to personalize it even more by adding his actual face on the painting. So I did that clumsily on my procreate app. All of these are fun exercises but I’m not sure how any of it will be used in real life. And the end results didn’t look quite right. Given all of this artificial intelligence to come, how does one even decide what they want to do these days? It’s all looking very confusing and even scary, but at the same time life changing in all the most positive ways. Life is becoming more and more dependent on artificial intelligence. I guess this is how people felt when the first car was created. The internet and iPhone changed our lives. But somehow this feels so much more invasive - and there’s no turning back. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment