Saturday, May 5, 2012

Moon Event

I'm not sure exactly what the super moon event was last night, or even if it was called that. All I know is a friend of ours wanted to make sure we saw the moon at 11:30 last night. So, as we shuffled off to bed last night at 12:30, I remembered her telling us about it. So I looked through the window, then opened the door on the patio to see a brighter moon than usual. A lot of birds were chirping- which did seem odd at that time of the night. We usually don't get too excited about astronomical events. We were in the south of France about ten years ago. The Milky Way literally was there to grab, it seemed so close to where we were viewing it. Our host got really annoyed when my husband hardly paid any attention to it. I on the other hand, appeared a little more enthusiastic. I used to view the night sky through my brother's telescope growing up in Florida, and did a science project about Venus. We watched the moon landing on TV, and recently watched Discovery pass over the Mall. But that's about as interesting as it gets.

Shining an eerie light below


No comments:

Post a Comment