Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Best Brunch in DC


For the last eight years I have had the good fortune to walk home for lunch from work. I am never disappointed with the menu or the conversation. Once in a while my husband joins me for lunch at the Library after attending a program he likes. We usually go to the Madison Building Cafeteria, the House Office Building, or Tortilla Coast. But I always prefer going home because the food tastes better and it is better for you. The offering stays pretty much the same - one egg over well (we eat the egg whites only) on top of an English muffin, sometimes with fat free American cheese, sometimes with a slice of ham or sausage; a half of a bagel, and French bread served with our favorite cheese and jelly. It is very simple and never disappoints. It's ready as soon as I walk in the door. Our little Betta fish Moby Dick is included in the conversation, and oftentimes I can get in a ten minute nap. I have no right to complain, and I don't until I have to walk back to work for the afternoon. It's a nice way to break up the day. After thirty years of driving all over town in Milwaukee at all hours of the day and night in a health care career, I think I deserve it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment