Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Typing Baba

I took several years of French, but you wouldn’t know it. It was to the point that I could read it quite well, but never had the knack for conversation. My husband knew French before he learned English. His best friend lives in France. We haven’t seen them since the pandemic. But when we did, the common language for them was Persian. Even his friend’s French speaking wife knows Persian. So I wasn’t a part of the conversation. She would try to speak some English and I would try to speak some French, but it was really limited. At least now when we email every so often we can use the typing baba option. We can write whatever we want in English and push the translate button to French. Then I can cut and paste the translated French in to the body of the email. And that’s what we did last week and it turned out really well. My husband was trying to tell his friend about a website that is all things Persian. And since neither he nor my husband are savvy at anything internet, I get to do the honors - including creating PDF files on some medical issues that needed to be sent. Anyway, it’s nice to know all of these options exist. It makes things so much easier - even though I can’t understand what was finally translated. 








No comments:

Post a Comment