Thursday, February 24, 2011

BUDGET WOES

The need to be efficient and cut back has reached us here in the work place. The idea of being accountable and maximizing resources has been on my radar screen since the 70's. All during my "first" career in healthcare, that lasted 30 years, we were managing productivity, looking for best practices, and monitoring outcomes. I thought I had escaped the constant conversation about budget talk when we moved here to DC and I started working for the federal government. Today we had a meeting where the likelihood of consolidation and improving processes is being tauted. I feel like I'm back where I started. Darn it! But it always made sense to me then, and it makes sense to me now. I'm not sure others feel the same way. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment