Friday, February 4, 2011

DRESSING THE PART

Growing up, we were taught to plan out and prepare our wardrobe for the next day, and this approach to life has stayed with me to this day. Every night, we listen to the weather report, or check the internet to have an idea what the next day will supposedly bring. Accordingly, adjustments are made to the clothing choices based on the forecasted temperature and precipitation.  I NEVER think the next day will be a carbon copy of the day before, especially because of the extreme variability in the Midwest weather as well as here. (OK, -10 degrees feels about the same as 0). Yesterday was unusually sunny and warm by mid afternoon, a sharp contrast to the wintry ice and snow mix from last week, and winter temps expected to arrive again this week. There were several purple faced and blue fingered individuals scurrying to work this morning who thought it was still 60 degrees outside. I particularly love the short skirted, no stockings, 3 inch heeled House staff. They are definitely making an impression! And, it's even more outlandish, or pathetic, when it's raining. I always carry an umbrella, and it has come in handy on many occasions. If I'm planning to wear heels, I sure don't wear them on these sidewalks - they are carried and a pair of "safe" shoes are worn. My husband always asks why my handbag is so heavy. It's funny that whenever he asks for something- VOILA- it appears!
Keep the umbrella handy! Just in case....

No comments:

Post a Comment