Friday, May 30, 2014

Dunkin Donuts and Subway at The Library of Congress

It has been under construction for the last several months if not a year. But before they started to renovate the space for the new Dunkin Donuts and Subway at The Library of Congress, the existing coffee bar was moved to another location down the hall in the tunnel that connects the Madison Building to the Jefferson Building. There is a self serve cafeteria on the sixth floor with great views of the city, and it is definitely my preference for coffee in the morning. The new space opened this week with a great deal of enthusiasm because it gives employees and visitors another option for lunch and break space. Since I live only two blocks away from work, I go home every afternoon so I don't have to think about it. I would not have visited the new area, but a friend asked me to join him for coffee, so I took the opportunity to check it out. It is much brighter than before, and it has a wi-fi bar, banquette seating, and a lot of tables. For the time of the day it was active with customers. I heard the line to order and then wait for pick up was long, but that will take time to adjust to the process. Maybe they need to separate drinks only from food orders. The prices are also cheaper for drinks...don't know enough about the other options. On the way out I did see the owner of the coffee bar, who may lose some business with this new option. But I suppose that's how it works...unless of course they are all connected somehow and share the profits. 






No comments:

Post a Comment