Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Goeller's Office and Art Supplies in McLean

I create a lot of digital pet portraits on my IPad and get commissions from all over the country and as far away as Australia.  The reason I like it so much is that it is really cheap to mail the end product. It is a jpeg image that is sent directly over email as an attachment. But I also have a gallery wall of sorts at the Wagtime Shop on Capitol Hill. In order to display the art I need to not only print 91/2 by 11's on photo paper, but also mount each piece on foam board. I used to cut large boards down to size with a blade, but the edges were never really straight. So I found pre cut board on Amazon since I could never get it at Staples. I've been to Utrecht Art Supplies down town for mats, but found another place in McLean called Goeller's that is less of a hassle to maneuver in both traffic and parking wise. When I called to see if they carried the precut boards, they didn't. But they offered to cut the larger boards to size. Since I had about eight pieces that were ready to hang this weekend, I decided to get the foam board at Goeller's. The boards were cut and ready when I got there. I also picked up ten plastic page protection sleeves taken from a larger box and some mailers. Rather than use Velcro for hanging the portraits, I thought I might try UHU Tac... Some sticky silly putty stuff that might work better and is definitely cheaper. It's probably a little more expensive at Goeller's, but it was very convenient and the guys in the store were very nonchalantly accommodating. 









No comments:

Post a Comment