Monday, January 12, 2015

Benjamin Franklin and Pet Portraits

People really like their pets. And when they lose them, it takes a long time to get over it. A couple years ago I painted a portrait of a labrador for a colleague. Since it is created using my iPad rather than pastels or watercolors, the end result is a digital image. They had it printed on a canvas and hung it in their entryway. Their neighbor recently lost their pooch. I was asked to paint her portrait, and I was more than happy to do so. Last week I received the nicest card with my first hard copy Benjamin Franklin. The compensation was very much appreciated, but what I really liked knowing was that the person who lost their dog was able to finally get over it when she saw the portrait. Whether it was just the timing or just coincidental, it allowed her to move on and begin to think about the future. She recently got a new puppy, and started the journey again. I never thought of becoming an artist - in fact - it never occurred to me. But I always had a sketch book with me since I was in kindergarten. It's become a mini business, and I so enjoy it. I love these stories, and I love to paint. And I really like those pooches!







No comments:

Post a Comment