Sunday, January 4, 2015

WagTime Too Pet Portrait Update

I had the good fortune of meeting Lisa Schrieber over two years ago. Thanks to her, I have a "gallery wall" at the WagTime Too shop on Capitol Hill on M Street SE across from the historic Navy Yard. The first pieces of my custom pet portrait digital art have been on display since October 2012. The paintings are commissioned work i have received from folks all over the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Australia. They now wrap around the entire entrance - five wall surfaces - with a little more room for new foam board on a sixth wall. I had 46 new pieces to hang today for the new year. Since space was limited, I started at the front and worked across. The older pieces came off relatively easy, and I'm hoping the photo glue I used on the new pieces will hold. Usually I use spray glue, but it requires being in a ventilated area to use it. What's nice about digital art is that I have all the original paintings on my iPad, and can reprint them whenever I need to. So the old art can be made in to new again. I really appreciate the exposure of having this great opportunity of displaying the portraits I make. Each one tells a story, and many of them are pet memorials. I didn't take down the portrait of our Russian Wolfhound/Borzoi Tatiana. She will always deserve front and center.








No comments:

Post a Comment