Monday, June 5, 2023

52Frames Religion Weekly Photo Challenge

We started the week at the Washington National Cathedral thinking it would be a good place to find a photo for the weekly challenge. The subject was “religion.” We were inside and outside of the cathedral - and walked through the beautiful Bishop’s Garden. We even went up to the observatory to see interesting views of DC. But the photo that got our attention and ended up being the submission was the image of the figures on the front gate of the main doors. The look on their faces was priceless and totally unexpected. Later in the week we went to the Library of Congress for a lecture on economics in the beautiful Jefferson building. Before we went to the meeting room we first stopped to see the Gutenberg Bible. I took a few photos and really liked the image of the people reflected in the glass where the Bible was almost floating in air. After the lecture the library was closed and there was a great shot of the Bible and the backdrop that looked like a church - and not a soul was in sight. Then I made a few attempts to capture my mom’s first communion Polish prayer book and my husband’s Iranian medal that he used to wear all of the time. I can’t say I was really enthralled with any of the photos this week. Sometimes there is a clear winner. But after two years I’ve decided that I’ll upload the photo I really like rather than try to figure out what the judges might like. It’s fun to read the comments from people from all over the world and continue to learn new words and techniques that I never knew before. That’s probably the point of it all. 









































No comments:

Post a Comment