Saturday, June 17, 2023

Moby Dick Silver Status

It was a nice day yesterday. My sister moved from Maryland to Florida at the end of January. She loved in the DC area for many years! She was visiting in Virginia for about two weeks to go to a seminar and then stay with a friend that she’s known since college. It turned out yesterday would be the best day to meet up for brunch before she drives back home today. So we decided to make a go of it at the Virginian restaurant in Vienna. We haven’t been there since the pandemic but had gone there many times before that - including a couple times with her and my brother/SIL who have also lived in DC for many years. it was a nice visit/brunch and after that we all decided to come back to our house for a bit. The last time we were all together at our house was Thanksgiving 2019. After that my mom passed away in February 2020 and then the pandemic ruined so many things. So yesterday was the first time we all were together at our house since then - over three years! My brother/SIL had to leave around three to get to a Nationals baseball game, but my sister decided to stay for dinner. So we needed to figure out what we wanted and thought Moby Dick Persian food would be great to pick up and bring home. I ordered on line using their app like we do every time we go there. Moby Dick is one of our favorite places. It was a nice surprise when I got a message that we hit “silver status” - which meant we had earned a seventy-five dollar credit to spend on anything we’d like. So the next time we go to Moby Dick it will be on the house so to speak. I wish my sister had stayed in the area so we could all get together at least once a month like we used to. I suppose as long as she is happy is all that matters. So when we go to Moby Dick the next time we will think of her. 







No comments:

Post a Comment