Saturday, August 12, 2023

VHC Outpatient PreOp Lab Blood Draw

I thought we might be able to get away without any medical issues this year. But I was wrong. It wasn’t unexpected when the ophthalmologist said it might be time for cataract surgery. It’s been difficult to focus and the bright lights are annoying. So rather than get a new prescription and then turn around and need the surgery anyway, we decided it was time to schedule. I was able to get the preop exam scheduled with my doctor office, but the blood work would need to be drawn at the hospital. We haven’t been to Virginia Hospital Center for quite some time. The new outpatient facility was being built during the pandemic and it was recently completed and opened a week before we went for the lab work. Since everything is on line through the patient portal it was easy enough to schedule the appointment for the same morning and we arrived in plenty of time and decided to park in the neighborhood rather than the parking garage. It’s a beautiful new building and the lab is located right off the front entrance and wasn’t busy at all. We signed in on the touch screen computer as we walked in and were immediately taken in to the lab draw station. My husband sat next to me in the seat while the technician drew my blood. It all went very smoothly and the results were available on line and soon after the physician summary report was also available. Obviously I would have preferred having the blood work done in the office, but this was a second option easy process. It was a nice drive anyway. Now I just need to get the surgeries over with. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment