Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Big Fall

And I am not talking about romance. I am talking about terrible sidewalks that reach out and grab you if you are not watching every step. Just this week, I almost fell on my face tripping in front of the Capitol Hill Club on a brick that is totally out of place The most extraordinary thing was that a young man asked me not just once, but three times, if I was okay. I didn't think it looked that bad! This evening I was walking home, joined by a colleague, and about a block in front of us across the street, a woman about my age tripped and fell flat with two bags of groceries and her pride. When we finally reached her we asked her if there was anything we could do. This happened right outside the Mexican Restaurant. Not one person offered to help before we got there. She was rather irritated and grumbled something to us. We went on our way. When I got home, I realized she lives in the apartments behind us, and I think newly moved in. Someone needs to remind people to look down- or they will eventually meet the same fate. And it can be quite embarrassing to say the least.
Trudging home after`falling flat on her face

I'm sure she can't wait to get in and hide

No comments:

Post a Comment