Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Supreme Court Health Care Decision

As I was unable to attend the event because I had to work, my husband diligently took some photos in front of the Supreme Court this morning while on his daily walk. He walks with me from our house to work, which is 2 blocks down the street to the Library of Congress, and then he continues on past the Capitol near to the Washington Monument and back. He's been walking just about every morning since he retired. But the landscape changed from Milwaukee and Grant Park and Lake Michigan, to the sidewalks of the Capitol City. Today was a great example of actually being a part of living history. He generally passes behind the Supreme Court. But the activity was well on it's way this morning, and he promised to pass by the front. I'm not sure exactly what the decision will mean to us. But I have a feeling we won't get any breaks. We both spent our careers in health care, and have never seen spending decrease for anything. Luckily I don't have to deal with that anymore in the work setting, but as a comsumer, we all will have to- whatever that eventually means.










No comments:

Post a Comment