Thursday, May 28, 2020

Growjoy Plants from Indiana for our Balcony Baskets

We needed just a little bit of a personal touch to our balcony flower baskets. I ordered them on line/phone and three coco lined containers were filled with sun loving annuals from Ginkgo Gardens in DC. We drove in to town to pick them up and they were placed in our trunk, then zip tied to the backs of the chair and loveseat - which actually looks quite nice. It keeps them off the floor and in sync with condo rules that prohibit hanging anything on the balcony rails. Since we won’t go shopping indoors for anything, I looked to see who ships plants. I found Growjoy from Berne, Indiana. The reviews were very positive and they had a nice variety. I just needed three flowers that liked sun, would drape the baskets, and come in 2 1/2 inch containers. I used to put spikes and other greenery in all my pots, window boxes and gardens when we lived in the Midwest and when we had our tiny patio garden on Capitol Hill. But I decided on a Portulaca, and two Scaevola plants. They arrived yesterday after a week in transit in remarkable condition. The soil was still damp as tiny baggies were held in place with rubber bands around the plastic containers. So we planted one in each basket, watered them, and hope they do well. I’m very impressed with the whole experience. My husband is shocked to see that someone actually does this. In these days where little things mean so much, having and caring for greenery is very soothing. So now we not only have our indoor console full of houseplants, now we have our tiny garden on the balcony. Every time we sit outside we notice the changes by day. Now we just need to keep the crows at bay. 































No comments:

Post a Comment