Saturday, May 9, 2020

Setting Up a New IPad

I don’t remember if I bought my mom’s last iPad two plus years ago with a warranty. All I know is that it shut down after I updated it to the latest operating system. My mom passed away in February and I wanted to keep her device for sentimental reasons. But we had no other choice but to finally send it in last week for repairs. Plus, my husband’s iPad mini had a broken screen and his no longer worked. He’s been using a very old iPad of mine that still works, but it is very slow and heavy. Mom’s IPad would be cheaper to fix than to buy a new one. Apple made the process quite easy, and since the problem couldn’t be fixed, they sent a new replacement iPad instead. My husband usually isn’t that excited about packages, but he was anxious to get a new iPad - but it had to sit in quarantine in the foyer until 24 hours passed. So yesterday I set it up and that process has never been easier. You basically just hold your iPad or iPhone next to the new device and it magically captures all the necessary information without having to manually set up email accounts, etc. - although you can manually set it up if you need or want to. The new iPad still has my mom’s cover and stylus, so not all is lost. In the end we weren’t charged for the repair because it really was an Apple software issue. We may need to go through this exercise again because I have another device that has the same problem. It has a lot of my artwork and photos that I don’t want to lose. If it means getting another free device we may just do it. It beats getting annoyed with an iPad that doesn’t work - because of a software update gone wrong. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment