Sunday, June 11, 2023

High Key DC Street Scenes

We like to visit our old neighborhood on Capitol Hill at least once a week. We lived on Capitol Hill for thirteen years and I worked at the Library of Congress for ten. So we are very familiar with that part of the area and have walked around it many, many times. You never know what will be happening when you go. We just try to avoid the place if there are known special events going on. I really don’t like crowds or the mess of it all. So when we went this week for a morning walk we heard a lot of sirens. That’s never a good sign. As we were walking towards the east side of the Capitol building we noticed what seemed to be an extraordinary number of people stuck in one place. There was a huge group sitting on the Capitol steps. But as we continued walking towards the Supreme Court the very large crowd was walking towards us. There were a lot of police cars and more sirens. We never did find out what the fuss was all about. As we were walking towards the area of concern I started to take a few photos of the crowd coming toward us. When we reached the area of concern we were told to turn around like everyone else. It does get annoying to have to deal with these things. I didn’t think much of the pictures that I took until I got home and started to edit them. I have become a fan of high key photos as of late and transformed these images into high key edits. I really liked the way they turned out. What do you think? 










No comments:

Post a Comment