Monday, November 20, 2023

52Frames Bathroom Weekly Photo Challenge

The unusual subject for the 52Frames photo challenge this week was “bathroom” with extra credit for public bathroom. I wasn’t very enthusiastic about it. But we thought taking a ride to the National Mall would be a good place to start. We parked in our old neighborhood on Capitol Hill and walked to the US Botanic garden where I knew they always have some flower arrangement by each sink in the women’s bathroom. Then we made our way over to the National Gallery of Art where there were several options. Unfortunately my reflection was too obvious and in the end I created a composite image using the high key cherry wood stalls and then painted in a self portrait in the mirror to match the surrounding color. My husband preferred the porta potties that were being installed on the mall for the march that was planned for the next day. I took a lot of photos of bathroom signs rather than the actual bathroom, but decided against those. The sculpture garden had a nice backdrop. Unfortunately we didn’t have enough time or energy to walk over to the Hirshhorn Museum. Luckily there were a few decent options. But for the first time in a long time I put in the image I preferred rather than my husband’s choice. He is usually right, but I just didn’t like those porta potties. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment