Saturday, November 11, 2023

Veterans Day

There are three members of my family who served in the military. My Dad was in the Coast Guard for twenty one years and is a WWII and Korean War veteran. My Mom was in the Navy for two years during WWII - and her dad was so proud that she was the only one in her family that was in the military during the war. He was even more proud that it was his daughter. Our son was in the Army for twenty one years and served in Iraq and Afghanistan - deployed three times as a cardiovascular surgeon. Whenever we would sit on the Capitol steps during the summer months for armed services concerts the best part was to listen to the music of all of the branches of the services. It still chokes me up whenever I hear the music. We are very proud of our family and for all of those who served. 




No comments:

Post a Comment