Sunday, November 19, 2023

Bidet or Not?

It’s not exactly a pleasant subject. But lately we have been considering getting a bidet for the bathroom. Our problem is that we only have one bathroom. We didn’t want to risk having to manipulate the water works from the wall and cause a plumbing problem - even though there are many assurances that it’s a simple set up. So I researched all of that and finally figured out that there must be a “portable” bidet. We are not outdoorsy types, but there must be something people use in the wild. And having a portable item, it would always be out of sight and if and when there were guests in the house they wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable about using the toilet! What I found was a product called HappyPo from Germany. It was certainly simple enough. You basically fill up the bottle and use it. So I ordered the larger volume size bottle for both my husband and myself. Apparently some people take these items with them on vacation and pack them away in the luggage. It does really cut down the amount of toilet paper used and actually is better for you. I guess I never grew up around such things and didn’t think much about it - but my husband did. And then the pandemic came and everyone was worried about getting enough toilet paper. In spite of all that we are delighted with this simple little invention. I’m just sorry we didn’t think of it sooner. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment