Monday, April 2, 2012

The Cardinal

It was with delight that we saw my favorite bird cautiously sitting on the patio. I had heard and seen him flying about both in front of the house and along the side. But I had never seen him actually visit the patio, the fountain, and most importantly, the berries that are growing on the corner tree. The sparrows and wrens, the robins, and the mourning doves are always hanging around. I don't begrudge them, because they all like a sip of water and enjoy a bath. Since I was little, I always liked watching the birds in Connecticut. In Florida, there were pelicans and flamingos. I also had a very well trained parakeet who talked, flew to you on command, and rode on the steering wheel of a Barbie doll car. In Wisconsin, we had just about everything, including hawks. But my favorite bird is the cardinal. And he came back to the patio the following day. Let's hope he makes a habit of it.
His partner can't be too far away

Hope he finds what he's looking for

They are all nervous wrecks

Hope he comes back

No comments:

Post a Comment