Thursday, August 11, 2016

LLBean Tilley Hat and Owner's Manual

Having just retired in February, it's been a good six months now. So I am beginning to feel compelled to dump clothes I no longer need, and substitute them with items I haven't worn in years. With the heat, blazing sun and humidity gripping DC in July and especially this week, the idea of a good sun hat sounded good. The one I own now is quite traditional and also heavy - a wide brimmed straw hat that can tie in the wind, and used primarily for gardening. So to pursue the idea of easy clothes that can be worn on trips and every day, we headed out to LLBean to check the inventory. Diane, a delightful salesperson, was exceptionally helpful in finding just the right item, along with several other staple products for both my husband and myself. She presented me with a Canadian Tilley Hat that comes with an owner's manual. She was extremely knowledgable about all things LLBean, and we found her stories and recommendations quite useful! So when I got home I read all about it, and wore it for the first time this morning. It is very light, and felt good. It can also be thrown in the washing machine to keep up the looks. When we left LLBean yesterday I can say for the first time I really feel like I'm retired. And now I have the useful every day gear to prove it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment