Friday, February 23, 2018

American Plant Cactus, Succulents, Air Plants for the Wall Vase?

I never cared for cactus plants. But the wall vase was standing empty since the tulips bloomed, opened, and disintegrated so quickly that we thought we might try something different. So we took a ride to American Plant to see what our options were. At this time of year we have tried orchids, but they never seem to last very long. The heat from the duct seems to blow right on anything near that wall. For the cut flowers it doesn’t seem to matter that much, but I’m sure it doesn’t help them either. I also wanted something that cascades and has some color. So we looked around and came upon a nice looking air plant that was a great size, but certainly not cheap. That would meet the cascading requirement. Then we checked out the cactus and succulent plants and found one with pink tones, and then matched it with a tiny flowering cactus with a pink flower. I really didn’t want to put dirt in the clear vases - I was hoping rocks would do. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case. Both of the plants require dirt. So I mixed in the rocks and “planted” the cactus in each vase, then placed the air plant on top. Today I filled both “pots” with water, and sprayed the air plant as instructed and moistened the succulent. I don’t have a lot of hope for this arrangement, but maybe it will do better than we think. After all it does get a lot of sunlight, but not for the next several days. 














No comments:

Post a Comment