Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Tumblr Anniversary

Time flies. Today I was reminded from Tumblr that LITDigitalArt turned three today. It’s hard to keep track and maintain all of these social media sites. I use most of them primarily for my artwork, and it can be a full time job. I remember waiting at the window for my first iPad to arrive in the spring of 2010. I knew it would be a really useful gadget then... but I didn’t realize the impact it would have on my art. I started creating pet portraits and it snowballed from there.  Since that time I opened a shop on Etsy, have a “gallery wall” at the Wagtime shop on Capitol Hill, a Facebook business page, Fine Art America website, Zazzle, Twitter, Pinterest, a wordpress personal  website, Instagram, a google blog, and a few that have come and gone in between. I was religiously keeping up with all is them on a daily basis. Since I retired two years ago I became a little less consistent. Now I do daily updates on a few rather than all - this daily blog is one of them. But I actually started this long before I got that first iPad, and it’s more inclusive than just art. All in all it is more of a hobby than anything else and keeps me occupied. So thanks for the reminder Tumblr. It kind of reminds me of the ones I get from the dentist office on my birthday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment