Monday, January 7, 2019

Big Fish Games - What Happened!?

When we had a massive snow storm several years ago I found a great way to stay occupied. I downloaded an adventure game on my iPhone and things have never been quite the same. Since then the iPad came along and the games became a lot easier to see and play. So that meant my husband could keep me company and we started to play together. Every night for the past many years we sit on the couch and play something for about an hour. This is in between the news and our nightly TV program watching. I tried a lot of different options but over time I thought Big Fish fit the bill. They are generally adventure hidden object games and aren’t too hard and oftentimes entertaining. I always have a couple “ in the queue” so we can easily move on to the next one. You can really tell what each of us has an inclination for - I am definitely more visual when solving puzzles. My husband is much better at math and “if the train travels x miles” type of games. I even have the Big Fish app loaded on my iPad to check the weekly new games. But something happened towards the end of last year. The new games suddenly came to a halt and a lot of them were discounted. I was very disheartened! Then I read about some reorganization and knew that would be the end of my comfortable approach. So I went to the App Store looking for some other options. I’ve tried several of them before but they just don’t match up to our favorites and I don’t care for their formats. I should say “my” favorites because my husband basically just plays along to keep me company and keep his head sharp! So, if any of you have any recommendations and suggestions about alternate games I’d love to hear about them. Otherwise I may just have to play some of the older games I missed or ignored because of poor reviews. It’s not so much the games, but the time we spend together. I just wouldn’t want that to change. (Photos are screenshots from the Bug Fish App and downloaded games.)














No comments:

Post a Comment