Saturday, September 16, 2023

RSV and Covid Vaccines at CVS

How many vaccines can a poor arm take? Apparently quite a few - especially over the last four years. This week was quite unusual for health care things - dental appointments, replacement crown, second cataract surgery, post op visit, and finally yesterday we went for our Covid booster. The last one we had was in April 2023. Since the virus is circulating again and due to our age, we knew it was inevitable that we would get another vaccine. So the appointments were scheduled for yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately our neighborhood CVS just wasn’t taking appointments so we had to take a ride out to Arlington. I couldn’t schedule the RSV vaccine on line at the same time, but when we arrived we asked to also have that. So additional paperwork was completed and both my husband and I ended up with two shots in one arm. We knew it was going to be sore and it was. We also knew that we would feel extraordinarily tired and we were. Having had my second cataract surgery this week I also need to sleep at a 30-60 angle upright and not lay on the affected side. So I think I was up at a least fifteen times last night.  I was also freezing and just couldn’t get warm so got four another blanket. This morning both of us didn’t think we would be able to get out of bed, but we did. We were even able to take in our usual morning walk. But now after brunch we are both starting to fade. I may end up taking a nap at some point. The sad thing is is that we will need to go back for the flue shot in October. And then I have jury duty. All the more reason to get vaccinated. Let’s hope I don’t get called to a case. I’m just not up to it after all of this. 












No comments:

Post a Comment