Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Tiny Fish Tale & The Four Promises Storychimes

It's been a while since I checked App Annie to see the ratings and statistics of my two children's books that were published by StoryChimes as iPhone and iPad apps, as well as Android apps. Given that there are literally thousands of these things out there, it was heartwarming to see that BOTH my books were ranked. They've been ranked before, and they come and go. Today, A Tiny Fish Tale was ranked on IPhone in Romania, and the Four Promises was ranked on IPhone in South Korea, and grossing on the IPad in South Korea. It's just plain exciting to know that these little book applications reach all the way to the other side of the world. They were both published less than a year ago. I have a few new stories up my sleeve and am hoping my art can be used. These things seem to take forever, but do bring a great deal of joy when they finally are published, and can be readily found on the Internet - including Amazon. I'm not sure if this would have happened if I still lived in Milwaukee, because the stories are about my grandsons, and neither of them lived close by. But one of them lives down the street from us here, and the inspiration started with him, and the fact that we have a tiny fish instead of a huge borzoi....you'll just have to read the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment