Sunday, November 11, 2012

Florida State University School of Nursing

The memories came gushing out as I assembled a pack of materials for my guest today. She is the Director of Development at the Florida State University Foundation, with a slant towards social work and nursing. She was in town for a convention, and was reaching out to graduates of the nursing school. So she gave me an update of the school, which I have not visited for quite some time. I asked her to please extend my warmest greetings to a couple folks I know who still inhabit the place. One is my favorite biology professor, a basketball coach, and a physiology professor. I have a great fondness for FSU. I met a lot of great people there, and nursing has been good to me, even though it wasn't my profession of choice. It was a practical choice for the 70's. Somehow it all worked out in the end. It's hard to believe it's already been 37 years since I graduated. I still have my school pin and red ribbon that I wore so proudly on my nursing cap. The evolution of the uniform has changed dramatically and practically over the years. I met my husband in a hospital, which is the best part! I still have my license, because it was so hard (for me) to get. I'm just not quite ready to give that association up yet. And today was a good reminder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment