Monday, May 9, 2022

52Frames Flatlay

It’s a good thing the weekly photo challenge was more of an “indoor” subject because the weather was dreadful all week and our car was in the shop getting repaired after getting rear ended two weeks ago. Putting together items to create a “flat lay” image was at first making me irritated because I couldn’t think of anything. The idea is to create an arrangement of objects that are shot from above - without shadows and decent lighting. These sorts of images are often used in advertisements. The first thing that came to mind was “tea time” - putting together the samovar, cups, cookies and my husband’s miniature rose on the glass top table. It looked pretty decent. Then another arrangement was made using a tray, a photo, and some additional Iranian items on both the carpet and the hardwood floor backgrounds. Then the pill collection in the kitchen drawer was another thought. Then the juices started flowing and another Iranian themed arrangement was put together using a book and personal items. Our borzoi’s digital art painting that I made was placed with a tiny stuffed borzoi, a photo, and the roses. It was pretty. The children's books I wrote and illustrated were lined up with our grandson’s baby photos in the original frames that are now almost twenty years old! In the end I selected the image that shows most of the digital devices we own - half that don’t even work. But the thought came to me to bring the devices to life by showing 52Frames images on three of the devices - including the last leading lines image that was submitted last week. My husband liked the tray photo, but when I checked the traffic on Instagram, the device image won out. This ended up being one of my favorite challenges. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment