Thursday, May 12, 2022

Apple Customer Support from Canada

It’s the last thing you want to see on a Sunday morning - your Apple ID and phone number is now being used on a new iPad - that you didn’t do. That sort of thing  sends shivers up my spine and I won’t rest until the issue is resolved. Given all the scams these days I am forever vigilant. So I changed the password right away but things got balled up after that. So after several attempts at fixing things I just got frustrated. So much so that I finally broke down and called Apple support before the whole day was wasted. I was connected to a very friendly chap from Canada. He was so pleasant and entertaining that it made the whole experience worthwhile. It turns out my error was so embarrassing! I can usually figure out the problem but just couldn’t. I was confusing the verification code with the passcode! While I had him on the phone I asked about why my photo stream all of a sudden stopped working. So we tried a few things and decided that I should probably turn iCloud photos on - especially since I’m already paying $10 a month for storage and had plenty of it. He also suggested a thumb drive which ironically I already had but just don’t use that much. Within the day everything was working well. I just need to review all 67,000 photos for duplicates and delete all the garbage. I take a lot of photos for this daily blog and for the weekly photo challenge - and personal use. So both of my issues were resolved - until the next time. I hope I get someone like him again on the next call. 








No comments:

Post a Comment